The complete theory and practical sailing course in just 10 days - in one working week with the adjacent weekends.
Guaranteed no more than 3-4 students per course and with your own cabin.
We can, subject to availability, also provide accommodation onboard our yachts for the duration of the theory courses, bed & self service breakfast, please ask for details.
- Those who prefer classroom teaching with an instructor (more interactive).
- Those seeking a recognised qualification in yachting.
- Those seeking to complete the Day Skipper course in one go.
- To be able to sail bareboat.
- To be able to charter a boat.
- Those that have or will be getting their own boat and are looking to gain confidence.
- Those out to become more confident and to be able to go further a field.
- Those looking to explore the area with the security of having an experienced skipper on board.
- New sailors so that they can confidently take on the challenge of a flotilla holiday.
- Dinghy sailors moving up to yacht sailing.
To get the most from this course please ensure that before considering it, you have basic sailing ability (which if you’re not sailing already, you will learn on the Competent Crew Course and that you have recently completed the RYA Day Skipper Theory Course. You will be well prepared then to undertake the RYA Day Skipper practical course.
Our Day Skipper theory training includes:
- Introduction to chart work, navigation, meteorology and seamanship.
- Learn how to figure out tidal heights and streams and how they affect your course.
- How to identify the 'give way vessel' when there is a risk of collision, 'dead reckoning' and 'estimated positions'.
Our Day Skipper practical training will prepare you to be:
- Confident in decision-making with respect to all aspect of handling and navigating the yacht.
- Skilled in passage planning and its deployment.
- Conversant with sailing rules & etiquette and how they apply in every day situations.
- Qualified to apply for an International Certificate of Competency.
- A competent, confident sailor.
By the end of the course‚
You will be a qualified Day Skipper with all you need to convert your certificate into an International Certificate of Competency, I.C.C. (Subject to your country of residence - Full details are available on the RYA website).
|Course Type||5 days classroom theory and 5 days onboard practical.|
|Cost||£1445.00 (All Year Round)|
Latest Course Dates and Availability
|Dates & Location||Availability|
|5th June 2023 - 14th June 2023
|17th July 2023 - 26th July 2023
|11th September 2023 - 20th September 2023
|16th October 2023 - 25th October 2023
Travel & Transfers
We can help advise you on your travel arrangements, including the transfer from Faro Airport to our yachts at Portimao Marina.
If arriving early for your course we can usually arrange to meet you at the marina and to arrange an overnight stay on the boat with breakfast included so that you are fresh and ready for the start of your course – Please ask for details.