Our Learn2Sail Skipper Masterclass is suitable for new and existing recreational Day Skippers wanting to improve and develop their skills.
A 5 day course aimed at extending the skills attained on the Day Skipper practical course to improve your competence and confidence in your boat handling and decision making – Please note that this course is not an RYA certificated course.
This course can be tailor made to your individual requirements, it has no pass or fail just lots of confidence building to boost your learning.
On The Skipper Masterclass course you will:
- Improve your boat handling and learn new manoeuvres.
- Perfect your navigation, both traditional and electronic.
- Build your confidence.
Our Day Skipper theory training includes:
- Introduction to chart work, navigation, meteorology and seamanship.
- Learn how to figure out tidal heights and streams and how they affect your course.
- How to identify the 'give way vessel' when there is a risk of collision, 'dead reckoning' and 'estimated positions'.
Masterclass Boat Handling includes:
- Manoeuvring the boat alongside linear and finger pontoons in all conditions.
- Berthing using wind and tide.
- Reversing the boat.
- Use of prop kick.
- Turning short round.
- Man overboard recovery both under power and sail.
- Anchoring techniques.
- Navigation in fog.
|Cost||£866.00 (All Year Round)|
Latest Course Dates and Availability
|Dates & Location||Availability|
|1st October 2022 - 5th October 2022
|8th October 2022 - 12th October 2022
|15th October 2022 - 19th October 2022
|22nd October 2022 - 26th October 2022
Travel & Transfers
We can help advise you on your travel arrangements, including the transfer from Faro Airport to our yachts at Portimao Marina.
If arriving early for your course we can usually arrange to meet you at the marina and to arrange an overnight stay on the boat with breakfast included so that you are fresh and ready for the start of your course – Please ask for details.