Learn your Competent Crew and Day Skipper skills on board our new catamaran, a gorgeous Broad Blue 346.
Premium training rate is included in this price for 3:1 teaching ratio
Why consider a catamaran?
- She's SPACIOUS - Home from home comfort.
- She's STABLE - only heels 10 degrees.
- She's QUICK AND EASY TO HANDLE - Two engines makes light work of marina manoeuvres.
Our Day Skipper theory training includes:
- Introduction to chart work, navigation, meteorology and seamanship.
- Learn how to figure out tidal heights and streams and how they affect your course.
- How to identify the 'give way vessel' when there is a risk of collision, 'dead reckoning' and 'estimated positions'.
Also, to give you more time to practise your new skills, there will only be a maximum of 3 students plus your instructor, onboard for the week.
Ask about our Catamaran conversion courses - learn the difference of sailing a catamaran over a mono hull
|Cost||£1510.00 (All Year Round)|
Tour Our Catamaran
Travel & Transfers
We can help advise you on your travel arrangements, including the transfer from Faro Airport to our yachts at Portimao Marina.
If arriving early for your course we can usually arrange to meet you at the marina and to arrange an overnight stay on the boat with breakfast included so that you are fresh and ready for the start of your course – Please ask for details.