Discover the theory behind navigation, seamanship, tidal heights and more.
Guaranteed no more than 3-4 students per course and with your own cabin.
- Experienced sailors looking to extend their knowledge and achieve Day Skipper status
- Please note that it is essential that you have some previous sailing experience before attending the RYA Day Skipper Theory course.
This course includes:
- Introduction to chart work, navigation, meteorology and seamanshi
- Learn how to calculate tidal heights and streams then predict how they affect your course
- How to identify the 'give way vessel' when there is a risk of collision, 'dead reckoning' and 'estimated positions'
By the end of the course
- You will be fully briefed and prepared to undertake the practical part of the Day Skipper course.
Try Before You Buy
Watch our introduction videos for a free taster of your sailing course.
Travel & Transfers
We can help advise you on your travel arrangements, including the transfer from Faro Airport to our yachts at Portimao Marina.
If arriving early for your course we can usually arrange to meet you at the marina and to arrange an overnight stay on the boat with breakfast included so that you are fresh and ready for the start of your course – Please ask for details.