Our Day Skipper theory training gives you the introduction on how to navigate a yacht using "traditional methods" in company with modern electronic navigational equipment such as GPS and chartplotters.
The RYA Day Skipper theory course comprises of:
- Introduction to chart work, navigation, meteorology and seamanship.
- D.R. positions, E.P. estimated positions and course to steer calculations.
- Learn how to figure out tidal heights and tidal streams and how they affect your course.
- "Rules of the Road" and how to identify the 'give way vessel' when there is a risk of collision.
- Passage Planning, pre working your pilotage plans so that you comply with SOLAS V recommendations and assisting you on completing a competent port entry.
It's a comprehensive course and will run at your pace in which you will learn how to navigate and be ready for your Day Skipper practical course.