The Yachtmaster theory course is an advanced course which will take you on a thorough revision of the Day Skipper theory and then expand your knowledge thereof.
On the RYA Yachtmaster Theory course you will:
- Increase your accuracy and gain an in–depth knowledge of sailing navigation, meteorology and seamanship.
- Expand on the knowledge already achieved at Day Skipper level.
- Learn about stability and passage making offshore.
- Undertake three assessments – meteorology Chart work and 'Rules of the Road'.
- Learn the lights, shapes and responsibility between vessels at sea.
- Navigation in restricted visibility.
By the end of the course, you will have all the knowledge and be ready to undertake your Coastal Skipper, MCA Yachtmaster Coastal or MCA Yachtmaster Offshore practical training.
Note:Additional charges will apply if a course extends beyond 6 months.
|Duration||40 - 50 hours (complete at your own pace).|
|Cost||£350.00 (All Year Round)|