This is where you will really get to grips with handling a yacht under sail and power and to be in the position where you can make competent decisions about running the boat.
You will be able to put into practice all that you have learnt on the Day Skipper Theory Course, and you will be actually navigating your own yacht.
Guaranteed no more than 3-4 students per course and with your own cabin.
- Those seeking a recognised yachting qualification.
- Those able to sail bareboat.
- Those able to charter a boat.
- Those that have or will be getting their own boat and are looking to gain confidence.
- Those out to become more confident and to be able to go further a field.
- Those looking to explore the area with the security of having an experienced skipper onboard.
- Those new sailors so that they can confidently take on the challenge of a flotilla holiday.
- Dinghy sailors moving up to yacht sailing.
To get the most from this course please ensure that before considering it, you have basic sailing ability (which if you’re not sailing already, you will learn on the Competent Crew Course and that you have recently completed the RYA Day Skipper Theory Course. You will be well prepared then to undertake the RYA Day Skipper practical course.
On our Learn 2 Sail Day Skipper course, you will become:
- A confident decision-making in all aspects of yacht navigation and handling.
- Skilled in passage planning and its deployment.
- Conversant with the on board rules and sailing etiquette for every day situations.
- Qualified to apply for an International Certificate of Competency.
- A competent yachtsman/woman.
By the end of the course:
- You will be a qualified Day Skipper with all you need to convert your certificate into an International Certificate of Competency, I.C.C. (Subject to your country of residence - Full details are available on the RYA website).
|Course Type||Practical - 5 days onboard.|
|Cost||£895.00 (All Year Round)|
Latest Course Dates and Availability
|Dates & Location||Availability|
|3rd December 2022 - 7th December 2022
|10th December 2022 - 14th December 2022
|17th December 2022 - 21st December 2022
|7th January 2023 - 11th January 2023
Travel & Transfers
We can help advise you on your travel arrangements, including the transfer from Faro Airport to our yachts at Portimao Marina.
If arriving early for your course we can usually arrange to meet you at the marina and to arrange an overnight stay on the boat with breakfast included so that you are fresh and ready for the start of your course – Please ask for details.