Yachtmaster is the senior qualification for the charter and sail of leisure and commercial yachts of less than 24 meters. The 5 day course comprises of 4 days coaching and develops and polishes skills & techniques in crew management, on board safety, boat handling, passage making & planning, followed by 1 day allocated for the MCA EXAM. (To be arranged and paid for separately).
Premium Training - Guaranteed no more than 3 students on the course.
Please ensure that you have successfully completed the Yachtmaster theory course within the past 12 months so as to get the most from this practical course.
- Obtaining the highest recognised qualification in yacht sailing.
- Extending bareboat range in time and distance.
- Chartering the largest yachts of up to 24m.
- Those honing and developing advanced skills.
- Learning the cruising area of the Portuguese Algarve.
During our Learn 2 Sail RYA Yachtmaster 5–day yacht–based course you will become:
- A mature crew leader able to utilise your experience in yacht preparation, passage planning & pilotage, crew management and yacht husbandry.
- Skilled in tidal and weather tactics for extended cruising.
- Competent to skipper a yacht on any passage of no more than 150 miles from harbour.
- Experienced in night sailing, watch keeping and shipping lanes.
- An accomplished cruising yacht skipper.
By the end of the course:
- You will be a Yachtmaster and confident to undertake extensive passages to new locations.
|Course Type||Practical - These courses are run to order - please contact us for details.|
|Cost||£1075.00 (All Year Round).|
Latest Course Dates and Availability
|Dates & Location||Availability|
|COURSES ARRANGED ON REQUEST, PLEASE CONTACT US FOR DETAILS|
Travel & Transfers
We can help advise you on your travel arrangements, including the transfer from Faro Airport to our yachts at Portimao Marina.
If arriving early for your course we can usually arrange to meet you at the marina and to arrange an overnight stay on the boat with breakfast included so that you are fresh and ready for the start of your course – Please ask for details.