This is the next step on your path to becoming a valuable member of the crew and to you enjoying the whole sailing experience by being actively involved in the handling/running of the yacht.
Guaranteed no more than 3-4 students per course and with your own cabin.
- Those seeking to achieve their competent crew course accreditation.
- Those new to sailing and yachting.
- Wives/ husbands/ partners looking to take on a more valuable role on a yacht.
- Those out to become more confident and want to go further a field.
- Those wishing to have a fun sailing experience with the support of RYA professional sailors.
- New sailors so that they can confidently take on the challenge of a flotilla holiday.
- Dinghy sailors moving up to sail yachts.
Your Competent Crew course will prepare you to be:
- Confident at steering and handling the yacht under sail and power.
- Knowledgeable in trimming your sails.
- Aware of all safety aspect about the boat and how to operate emergency equipment.
- Efficient at keeping an effective lookout.
- A competent crew member.
By the end of the course you'll be:
- A valuable member of the crew.
- Confident to steer and sail a yacht.
- Ready to tackle that flotilla holiday.
- Eager to progress onto your Day Skipper Course.
|Cost||£895.00 (All Year Round)|
Latest Course Dates and Availability
|Dates & Location||Availability|
|1st April 2023 - 5th April 2023
|8th April 2023 - 12th April 2023
|15th April 2023 - 19th April 2023
|22nd April 2023 - 26th April 2023
Travel & Transfers
We can help advise you on your travel arrangements, including the transfer from Faro Airport to our yachts at Portimao Marina.
If arriving early for your course we can usually arrange to meet you at the marina and to arrange an overnight stay on the boat with breakfast included so that you are fresh and ready for the start of your course – Please ask for details.