This is the first of the advanced courses in which you will undertake longer coastal passages and navigating at night to become a Coastal Skipper. Skippering a yacht offshore requires you to have strong and confident leadership skills with complete faith in your seamanship and navigational skills, regardless of what “Mother Nature” decides to put your way.
Premium Training - Guaranteed no more than 3 students on the course
Please ensure that you have successfully completed the Yachtmaster theory course within the past 12 months so as to get the most from this practical course.
- Those seeking a recognised RYA Coastal Skipper qualification in yachting.
- To be able to sail bareboat.
- To be able to charter a boat.
- Those out to become more confident and to be able to go further afield.
- Those looking to explore the area with the security of having an experienced skipper onboard.
On this 5-day yacht-based Coastal Skipper course you will become:
- Confident in your decision making with respect to all aspects of handling and navigating the yacht.
- Skilled in longer offshore passage planning and its deployment.
- Conversant with the Rules of the Road and how they apply in every day situations.
- Confident in night sailing and watchkeeping.
- A confident and skilled RYA Coastal Skipper.
By the end of the course:
- You will be a confident and knowledgeable Coastal Skipper in your boat handling and navigation.
|5 days onboard.
|€1295.00 (All Year Round).
Latest Course Dates and Availability
|Dates & Location
|9th March 2024 - 13th March 2024
|16th March 2024 - 20th March 2024
|23rd March 2024 - 27th March 2024
|30th March 2024 - 3rd April 2024
Try Before You Buy
Watch our introduction videos for a free taster of your sailing course.
Travel & Transfers
We can help advise you on your travel arrangements, including the transfer from Faro Airport to our yachts at Portimao Marina.
If arriving early for your course we can usually arrange to meet you at the marina and to arrange an overnight stay on the boat with breakfast included so that you are fresh and ready for the start of your course – Please ask for details.